Name: Jocelyn Yee D.O.B.: 9th January 1988 School: Loyang Pri <1995-2000>; Siglap Sec <2001-2004>; FTC <2005-2006>; SIM <2007-Present> Course Pursuing: Bachelor of Business (Accountancy) Loves: My doggy - Milo; movies; my ipod; church
Monday, July 18, 2011
It's almost 4 months into work now and all I can really say is 'WOW!'. Surely God has His way in getting you through times you never did thought you'll ever get through because He sure is awesome. It just makes you start the day with a prayer of strength and serenity and end it with thanksgiving for not the troubles you have faced during the day, but being able to get through it. Prayer makes me hold on to my faith that He is with me and He'll never let me walk alone. The day that I stop praying for His guidance and strength is the day that I start falling away which is the day I fear.
Another 8 more months to the end of my bond, another 12 more months to my proposed departure from the company and another 5.5 months more to give to ground my decision if I should be staying or going next year. I know God has his will willed for me and He will surely reveal it on the decision that I should make when the time is right.
It's been almost 4 months of awesome colleagues and heaps of angering moments triggered by the boss but he will NOT put me down for my values, morals and faith for he does not know what he says and does and I certainly hope God will forgive him of his errant ways and poisonous tongue and thinking. Grudges shouldn't be held and I leave it in God's hands in whatever ways in which the boss shall be dealt with for it is not my calling to judge and condemn him.
Had a great array of music shopping for US$10+- for 5 albums and whole lot of awesome tracks.
Donated blood just a week ago. My first time and surely not my last. It's definitely a feel-good kinda feeling. Even though there's bruising after that, I couldn't give a hoot about that. What's a little bruising compared to someone who needs blood and suffering bad? What's that little inconvenience of ugly looking clots under your skin when someone else can be saved with the blood you give? I know it's a little mental to be saying it but it was actually pretty fun.
Signed up for mobile broadband again today. That means I'll have internet access again at work which will anger the boss quite a bit if he were to find out. So, I'll have to keep it hush hush as much as I possibly can. Fake my way through a 2-yr student plan of S$15 a month for a 7.2 mbs internet which is capped at 10gb a month which I reckon is more than enough from experience. Can you believe that a 2mbs internet can cost you $27 to $38 depends on which duration of a contract you sign and I got mine at 7.2mbs at only $15? Of course I did feel a little guilty to still be using my student card when by right I do not have any student rights anymore. I certainly have to find a way to make up for my guilt.
Seriously, how long it may be, I am still in awe on how Kina Grannis and Colbie Caillat can instill both 'calm' and 'happy' in the same sentence of the kind of music they portray.
I seriously anticipate the coming of August for I am sure it'll be an awesome month. It's a month of 2 public holidays, 2 days of time off I'll be taking from work, the mates' graduation at SIM that I had promised to attend a millenium ago (of which I would be part of if I didn't transfer, but of course I'm not really regretting it much) whether I made the decision to come back to Singapore to graduate or to graduate in Melbourne, a free night at Resorts World Sentosa with the Careteam with massive thanks to Xin Yi's dad who was able to get that free night and gave it to us and I'm quite sure I'll be renting a car for a couple of days too!
I am thankful for just everything and everyone around me, which makes me more appreciative of what I have rather than what I don't. Life is not what you have and what you don't, what you like and what you detest. Life is about living it well, see what you have been blessed with and bless others with what you have and how much you can give to make the life of others easier and the world a better place to live in.
Cheers to those who have played a part in my life, even if it's the tiniest role or just showing up in any chapter of my life for just a couple of minutes, you've been awesome.