Name: Jocelyn Yee D.O.B.: 9th January 1988 School: Loyang Pri <1995-2000>; Siglap Sec <2001-2004>; FTC <2005-2006>; SIM <2007-Present> Course Pursuing: Bachelor of Business (Accountancy) Loves: My doggy - Milo; movies; my ipod; church
Friday, April 22, 2011
Sometimes I wonder why I even bother blogging when nobody's really doing so anymore and I am pretty sure nobody reads mine. On the other hand, it's a better medium of thrashing out everything than facebook which it's so closely monitored by the parentals.
Disagree if you may, but I feel God is awesome and a genius in His own right. Many things in which we may not understand on why they're happening at that time may just be realised later on why they happened and plus the fact that there are just so many things we just do not appreciate til it's too late.
There are just things which I did not really realise til the past month. In my previous job in the accounting firm, I didn't have an email address and gave the excuse that I was just there temporarily so not to get one as I wasn't comfortable and did not want to communicate with clients, letting alone verbally talking to them. However for some strange reason I feel so much at ease in communicating with them whether through email (which I actually do prefer) and over the phone in this first month of my new job. Furthermore, upon hearing about working OT and stuff like that, the first thing that'll come into mind is...oh shucks! But then again, when it really comes to having to actually work OT, I didn't really mind at all.
And then I realised why it's all happening the way it should. I know why God let Australia happen for me, His intentions may not have been seen then, but I know now. He let Australia happen to boost my confidence in having to be alone in a foreign place, being firm in what I do and decisions that I have to make and having to push myself to work long hours for school purposes. Having the opportunity to be somewhere else for a period of time gives you a wider perspective on things other than what you're already exposed to and somehow makes you more aware of your surrounding. I guess I actually have more personal views on things compared to the past where I just agreed with what everybody potrayed. I wouldn't say all Asians, but I'll say most Singaporeans believe that there's always a correct or model answer to everything, but what I feel now that is important is not giving the model answer, anything can be a correct answer but how you derive at it is the most important of all.
I thank God everyday for plans he had for me and the many more that are planned ahead.
I can't believe I'm saying this after close to a month, but I think I may just be starting to enjoy my job. I always believe that God had His purpose in having me in this company but I just didn't know why as I actually felt the sense of regret of accepting it within the first few days of work. Even though the boss may not be the ideal boss, but my fellow colleagues are awesome. However stressful work may be, they will always take the simpliest of events and turn them into big jokes to lighten the atmosphere and sometimes we just laugh til our stomachs cramp. They're quite helpful too as no matter what jobs they're rushing for, they always put them on hold for awhile and help you on things that you need help on. With the boss' wife, Doreen, joining the firm this month and officially taking over the accounting department, things are just better. Doreen is so much better in managing the staff than the boss will ever be and is really generous. This month is GST peak period and we're working our brains dead with so many companies to file GST for by the end of next week that she's actually giving the whole accounts department a lunch treat after the labour day holiday!
Like I told my colleague, if it's solely based on my boss and partly the manager who previously was in charge of accounts, I will quit after I serve my bond. The reason that I will stay is because of Doreen and probably my colleagues too (provided they don't leave too soon!). I prayed and am still praying that I will have good colleagues and God granted me that. Work will always be there but having good colleagues to work with is the ultimate in keeping you in that company for a really good amount of time.
I pray things will continue to get better and I sure am appreciating things more now as they come as I know they all have reasons attached to them on why God allow them to take place, or not. We may not understand all of them now, but we will in the future.
It's Good Friday, my first public holiday and the break that we're all looking forward to. It's been a month since I started work and how time flies when you look back. 1 year will pass with a blink of they eye (I hope). Whether I decide to stay on after my bond depends on the next 11 months.