Name: Jocelyn Yee D.O.B.: 9th January 1988 School: Loyang Pri <1995-2000>; Siglap Sec <2001-2004>; FTC <2005-2006>; SIM <2007-Present> Course Pursuing: Bachelor of Business (Accountancy) Loves: My doggy - Milo; movies; my ipod; church
Friday, April 08, 2011
Been working 2.5 weeks now and gotten my first pay check. Although it's only less than a month in the company, it's been rather demotivating to see 5 ppl leave the company within the first week and another one at the start of next month.
The boss has been quite a jerk, well jerk may be a rather harsh term, probably a joke i wil say. Nobody in the company respects him and his the reason why the turnover rate is so incredibly high. His wife has just joined the firm last friday to take over the accounts department and hopefully things will be better. All of us agree that his wife seems more capable than the boss himself and you'll just can't help feeling that he has a dumb touch when talking to him AFTER you've spoken to the wife. One good thing about the company is even though turnover rate is incredibly high and most staff are relatively new, everybody can get along really well because we're all facing the same problem with the guy on top and i guess everybody knows the problem that we're all facing.
I've no idea how am I gonna finish that 1 yr bond but I think i can do it. Like 1 of my colleagues who's under a bond too and 2.5 months ahead of me, we just have to hold on and work that 1 year off. If we break the bond, we have to compensate 3 months and we're not letting them earn that money for nothing!
On the brighter note, I made a promise to myself that once i officially start working and earn some proper salary, I am gonna sponsor one of those kids on world vision and I did. I'm gonna sponsor this kid named Adrian from Zambia. :) I'm just curious and excited on how things are gonna turn out. If all's good and when i'm more stable in my income, i'm gonna get on to another kiddo. :D