Name: Jocelyn Yee D.O.B.: 9th January 1988 School: Loyang Pri <1995-2000>; Siglap Sec <2001-2004>; FTC <2005-2006>; SIM <2007-Present> Course Pursuing: Bachelor of Business (Accountancy) Loves: My doggy - Milo; movies; my ipod; church
Friday, May 21, 2010
Just heard that one of my sec sch jr passed away this morning of brain tumour. Wasn't really expecting it, he's not even 21 and his time on earth is up.
Guess all of us live on God's terms. When our time's up, we have to go, no negotiations at all. Death is just a cruel reminder to treasure everything we have at the moment for the human in us always greed for more. We greed for more money, greed for more attention of others, greed for more food and even greed for more time to continue sleeping even though we know it's time to wake up. We don't seem to be satisfied with anything at all. When death is here to claim us, we don't get the chance to negotiate one bit for the greed in us wants more time on earth to start treasuring things cuz we should have done it earlier when we're all still alive and well.
Well, so I'm gonna start right here in telling all my dear friends and family, whether you come to read more blog or not, that I am so blessed to have you in my life and I wouldn't ask God for more. You are God's gift to me and I am glad that you are part of my life. I am not perfect, but you all fill my life and make it perfect for me. I love you all and i will not trade you for anything else in the world!
Ok, apart from all that, good things always come after disasterous ones. Had a really bad week last week and actually this week's been quite good to me. Did a reflection on the horribly awful accounting theory group and it's worth 10% and i got full marks! Easy marks for just 15 min of write up on how awful this group's been. Write until very shiok, get my results also very shiok. Haha. That leaves me with 37-38% on the 50% of assignment work. Another 50% will be exam based and i just need 12-13% more for exams to pass the whole module or another 32-33% out of the 50% to get a distinction.
I'm done with Management Accounting Systems this week, as in I'm done for the whole module cuz there's no exams for this paper and there's no more lectures for next week too which is supposedly the final week of school. Had the presentation yesterday and we got 10/15, got back the mid semester test and had 37/50 which is a distinction and 7/10 for my 2nd case study which was so much better than my first which i had scored only 4/10. I've got a total of 40% for this module and just need another 10% from the major assignment to pass the whole module but am hoping that Sue will give us at least 30/40 to get a distinction. Sarah and I complained to Sue about the guys too and what she's probably gonna do is to award both of us extra marks instead of marking down the boys in the major assignment for not contributing as much because she's actually not allowed to down grade them, but nothing that said that she can't award us more marks. Haha! Happy!
Just got mail from Yun Jie, Pei Yin and Eileen today! They each wrote me a letter and bought me 3 bars of chocolate and a tube of jelly beans (of which I've finished half already...oops!).
Gonna have a more engaging time over the next few days. Gonna go on skype with Jun Ai tomorrow! Haven't seen her on skype since 2 days after my South African trip! Next will be Yanlin right? right right? right right right? Got new lappy already must come on more and skype right right right right? Hahaha!
Ok fine, I know i'm going mental cuz it's almost 2am already. Goodnight and see you all soon!