Name: Jocelyn Yee D.O.B.: 9th January 1988 School: Loyang Pri <1995-2000>; Siglap Sec <2001-2004>; FTC <2005-2006>; SIM <2007-Present> Course Pursuing: Bachelor of Business (Accountancy) Loves: My doggy - Milo; movies; my ipod; church
Tuesday, April 06, 2010
Alright, 1 more day of semester break and I've not really touched on any of my assignments due next week except for the current issues grp project. I really should start on my OB literature review essay like now! It's a 1750 word essay + Harvard referencing.
I'd been fairly entertained by facebook and storybooks, so much so I'm neglecting everything else. Tomorrow, i shall spend the whole day researching for the management accounting major project for Thursday's discussion and attempt to write at least 1/2 of my OB lit. review essay. Tell me again why i hate writing essays.
So, Daylight Savings ended on Saturday and so we all had to turn our clocks and watches 1 hour back from Sunday onwards. The thing was that all of us forgot even though Aunty Swee Lan did send us an email to remind us a couple of days before. Was just wondering why can't they just stick to 1 timezone, it's so confusing. What happened was that I woke up in the middle of the night at supposedly 4.30am , which was Singapore 1.30am. Checked both my aussie and sgp handphone and Singapore hp was showing 1.30am but the aussie showed 3.30am, checked my watch and it gave me 4.30am. I thought my aussie hp timing went haywire and came online to check only to realise that daylight savings had ended. Thank God I woke up in the middle of the night to clarify my timings cuz I had to go to church on Sunday, don't wanna get my timing mixed up. On Sunday morning when I was about to leave for church, Marcus called me to ask if it was 8am or 9am, cuz his handphone stated 8am but his watch says 9am. So he thought he was late for church. That's how confused everybody got. Haha!
Aunty Siew Lian was in town for a week to visit Jon Lai who's studying in Monash. She decided to meet the PPCoC youths for lunch after church on Sunday. Jon lives quite far from everybody else, so he visits another Church of Christ in another suburb, so after their service he drove down together with Aunty Siew Lian to the Belmore Road Church of Christ to pick Marcus, Judith and I for lunch. Aunty Siew Lian and Jon treated us to a chinese meal and insisted that each of us pick dish that we haven't had in a really long time. It was really great seeing them again. Haven't seen them in years ever since Jon and Aunty Siew Lian left Pasir Panjang CoC to join the Bishan CoC. Aunty Siew Lian used to teach me in Junior Bible class at the primary level. It was really awesome and glad to meet them.
Alright, I'm gonna take some rest now and start chionging all my assignments from tomorrow onwards. I had far too many slack days over the semester/easter break. It's time to get working and looking forward to the many many late and sleepless nights ahead.