Wednesday, March 03, 2010
The parentals left this afternoon back to Singapore. They'll probably be back in Singapore in approximately 2 hours at about 9.45pm (Singapore time).
Somehow I'm a little sad that they're leaving today. Apparently, I didn't realise until today that not having them around anymore will be rather different. This is so as over the last 2 weeks, I was rather alright when I didn't see them on a couple of days and I thought I'd be perfectly fine when they leave, but somehow I didn't realise that at the back of my mind I knew that they were still in Melbourne and around the city, I will still see them with just a phone call or if there's anything I need anyway. But somehow, now they're permanently gone from Melbourne and something feels missing. I guess I'll get used to it and adapt quickly as I always do.
Anyway, it has been really nice of Uncle Charles from the church here to offer me to stay over at his house whenever I feel homesick. I don't think that it's really necessary and don't wanna trouble him too. He has been really nice and welcoming to me and the PP church Melbourne bound youths. He brings us out almost every Sunday for lunch after church service to some sumptous chinese restaurant! Nice couple indeed. He even discounted the fees that we must pay if we want to attend church camp over the weekend as A$100 for it is a little too expensive for full time students like us. Judith and I are intending to attend the camp only on Sunday and since uncle Charles don't usually stay over in camp, he offered to pick us up from the city on Saturday night to go over to his house to stay so we can set off early on Sunday morning to the camp site. Judith and I can take 6.30am train down to the Boxhill station on Sunday morning, but according to uncle Charles, the train service or rather stations are not very safe especially early in the morning or after 5-6pm, so it's better for him to come down to pick us on Saturday instead. The boys will be going down on both Saturday and Sunday and going back with uncle Charles to stay at his house too, so should be a fun night being with people that you're more familiar with after a really long while.
Aight then, I've got an article summary to complete and email my lecturer by tomorrow, better get it done before going to bed tonight. It's only the second day of school and the work is already piling. I've got another 2 modules coming up tomorrow. It'll be a heavy day (as of every Thursdays of course) from 9.30am all the way to 3.30pm with no break in between the lectures and tuts.
Goodnight people! (Somebody, please skype soon! Any takers this week?)
joce blog dusted at
7:52 pm -