Saturday, February 27, 2010
A whole week just flew by and the parentals are going back in 4 days!
So, this week visited the Wildlife Park and Gold Mining at Ballarat on Wednesday and went down the Great Ocean Road to see the twelve apostles. The Wildlife Park and the trip down the Great Ocean Road reminds me a whole lot of South Africa and I'd just realised how much I miss SA. The Wildlife Park is like the Predator World at Suncity and the scenery down the Great Ocean Road trip is like Table Mountain and the Cape of Good Hope down in Cape Town. Awesomeness! This made Melbourne Zoo look a little pathetic as compared to the Wildlife Park.
I finally bought a mini fan for my stuffy room, a new pair of Adidas shoes as my current pair is gonna split soon and a new guitar! It's a Jose Ortego spanish guitar! It's my first non-Yamaha guitar and I love it!
During the week visited Melbourne Aquarium and walked down Flinder's Street too. Had good Chinese food down in Chinatown and a whole lot of walking!
The parentals had enough of me for the whole week and decided that they didn't want to see me today, so I was pretty much on my own. Slept really late last night, the fire alarm went off at 2.45am and everybody had to leave the village out to the streets and 2 fire engines came. Apparently there was no fire but someone set off the alarm. We were only allowed back into the village at 3.15am. Still, woke up at 9am this morning and went down to Victoria Market. Intentions were to find something there for my mum and sis as their birthdays' next month, so was intending to get them presents and pass them to my parents to take them back so I'll be able to save on postage. Walked through the whole place and only manage to get a bag for my sis, hopefully will be able to find sth for my mum over the next few days before they leave.
After that came back to the village to cook maggi mee for lunch, slack around the entire afternoon on you tube. The whole Pasir Panjang Church of Christ Melbourne bound students are back in Melbourne, so Johnston called me out for dinner with him, Judith and Marcus together with another 3 Malaysians at Lygon Street (that's where Little Italy is) at a Thai Restaurant. It's really not bad for a Thai Restaurant compared to Lerk Thai or whatever back in Singapore.
Will be meeting the guys at Melbourne Central to go to church tomorrow morning, so I guess I better turn in now or I won't be able to get up in the morning. Pictures will be up on facebook really soon!
School officially starts on Monday! Aaargh! Nervous!
joce blog dusted at
7:43 pm -