Friday, February 19, 2010
This is my first post since arriving in Melbourne. Kind of getting used with the directions here, walking up and down Elizabeth street umpteenth times down to Victoria Market and Melbourne Central and walking down Bourke Street, La Trobe Street and through to Swanston street over and over again to find my way to the correct RMIT buildings, to the parentals' hotel and just randomly popping by Chinatown.
Visited the zoo this afternoon and got myself another layer of tan and almost burnt as today's weather was horribly hot. Somehow it felt like South Africa wasn't enough that I had to visit Melbourne zoo. The zoo is just about 5-10min tram ride from my hostel, so it was kind of cool.
Reached back to the hostel around 5.30pm as I had register to attend the RMIT Village internet information session from 6pm to 7pm yesterday. I already have an internet account and accessing the internet's not been a problem. Only reason i signed up was because they offered FREE pizza! My roommate just got her internet problem solved and she's right on MSN straight away! Can hear the message alerts over the divider next door.
I really thank God that my roommate's quite ok. She's 19 and she's from Beijing, China. She's quite hardworking i think. She goes to the library to study when she has no lectures! Not to say she's only taking the TAFE course, not even degree! I guess it's good too, at least better than some wild party-loving roommate. She's quite nice, she has been attempting to speak English to me when she found out that my chinese standard is horrible. I feel bad but sometimes i should speak mandarin to her too, at least we're balancing each other out. Her english will improve and i'll get use to speaking mandarin again.
I can't believe they're showing the Graham Norton show now! I watch this show every week on BBC Entertainment on cable!
joce blog dusted at
8:42 pm -