Name: Jocelyn Yee D.O.B.: 9th January 1988 School: Loyang Pri <1995-2000>; Siglap Sec <2001-2004>; FTC <2005-2006>; SIM <2007-Present> Course Pursuing: Bachelor of Business (Accountancy) Loves: My doggy - Milo; movies; my ipod; church
Friday, October 03, 2008
When things aren't exactly going quite your way all that often anymore, I suppose you'll just have to give it a chance or something somehow is signalling for a change. I somehow realised things these days seem so mundane. Not school though, each and every semester will bring a whole new and different phase of madness to life. Insane but somehow exciting. Dreadful but somehow you're just willing to put in the effort even if it'll kill you (or at least me). Work is all that I’m getting at. I've been handed back jobs that I did in my 1 year of interning there. Somehow you'll just reach a point where there is just nothing else to learn anymore. There was just this one job that I really did enjoy doing as it was kind of different from the rest – I did not have to use the accounting software for it and I got to play around with the numbers quite a bit, too bad I’d never got to do it again.
Apart from that, what really bothered me was that they wanted me to change work station again because there's this new auditor and there weren't any workstation around except for the one with the server right in front. As I was the ding dong gong gong part-timer there, they asked me to move to the front, where I’ll be the only one sitting there and what I do can practically be seen by the whole world. I was just thinking why they can’t ask him to use that work station instead of me moving. Transition from the comfort of the back row to that front workstation will not be easy and it'll be a breach of my privacy. I'm not a ball which can be kicked around office ok. One month I’m using this workstation, the next or 2 months later I’m using another one and the next I’ll probably be sitting on the floor polishing everybody's shoes. I didn't say anything doesn't mean I agree to the arrangement, I’m just too pissed to say anything. I doubt I’ll ever feel as comfortable sitting there compared to the back.
I've at least another 15 months that I plan to work and I have no intentions in remaining at that workstation which they claim will be my permanent workstation at the moment. I believe that everything happens for a reason and so I’m giving it a chance.
I've decided if I feel just as uncomfortable or not moved to another workstation by mid-November, I'll swing back to my intensive job hunting status after exams to find a better and more generous part time job somewhere else. New year, new job, new environment, new things to learn and probably somewhere that I rather spend my 21st birthday at.