Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Finally wrapped up all projects for this really tiring semester with a presentation and a report on Monday night. We've conquered all projects and we've still got the big fat ugly exams to take on at month end. I told myself not to be nervous, and if i ever did, just pray and it'll all be fine. Well, i got really really nervous about 3 hours before the presentation. I couldn't stop fidgeting in office and went on frequent 'toilet breaks' where i'll just walked 1 round in the corridor and went back to the office hopping to calm the nerves.
My colleague was like, "If you don't want to present, all you have to do is just faint here right on the spot and you don't even have to make it to school. It's better than fainting in the middle of presentation."
I was like, "Yeah right, I'm the one holding on to the report too. If i faint then i can kiss goodbye to 10% for the presentation and 10% for the report and my group mates will come after me with choppers. i can also kiss goodbye to high distinction (80%) or even just a distinction (70%) for my overall results already." (I'll seriously crash and burn if i get anything below a distinction for an accountancy paper).So, went to school slightly earlier before time to have a quick rehearsal before we went in to the LT. There were 12 groups and we were group 10 =_=". Good thing was that we weren't the first and we had ample time to observe 9 groups present and that really blew the nervousness away. The first few groups stumbled quite a bit, probably they weren't really prepared on what they were going to say. I told my group mates to give me a nudge if i was going to fast, which i have a tendency to do so if i get a tat too nervous. As expected i went like a slightly slower mo bullet train. I started off fast (not very, but it was still fast). Yun Jie whispered to me from behind to slow down. I was like..ok. I did slow down after that but started picking up speed again, and before anybody whacked me on the head for not going slower again, i'd already finish my part of the speech..hahaha! Well, at least we didn't choke up as much as some of the others.
Thank God it's a public holiday today. I can get my much deserved rest today. I slept around 4am on both Sunday and Monday night and have been a walking zombie the last 2 days.
Well, it was Milo's birthday 2 Sundays ago. I was choked up on preparing the presentation and the report for 2 whole grueling weeks that i couldn't find time to post something on that. So here it is. Went to ikea to buy the bed, cost me $125. Charged it to my savings account instead of my normal one as i was seriously running out of money. So, by month end (yesterday) i owed my savings $145 and practically threw the whole of my September's salary back into my savings account and what i had left was $28.50 of my salary to spend. Well at least i'm getting extra money from the parentals. Oh, and coming back to Milo's birthday present, i've put up some pictures below to close this post. Enjoy.


joce blog dusted at
10:42 am -