Saturday, January 12, 2008
I have reluctantly welcomed myself to the ranks of the 20s. Depressing as it may seem, what other choice do I have?Cheers to all those who sent me their greetings.
- the family
- Yan Lin
- Siti
- Ching Ling
- Juliana
- Navleen
- Joanne
- Uncle Henry & Auntie Nat
- Melissa and family
- Yun Xin
- Yu Wen
- Yun Jie
- Pei Yin
- the beloved shua gu dog Milo (lol!) *in my dreams*
It was my bro's 13th birthday too. My parents bought 2 cakes and we were all cake crazy again after the numerous logcakes we had during Christmas. My parents gave me red packets, just at the time when my bank was drying up and about to be shut down (>.<). My bro got a red packet from my mum too and a new handphone from my dad. My sis and I shared a $50 popular voucher for my bro and I got an $88 Golden Village gift card worth of movies and snacks from my sis. Being the stingy little boy that he is who rather spend his money on comics, didn't expect to get anything from the brother. Siti gave me 2 bars of Toblerone chocolate to add to the enormouse pile of chocolates in the house..haha.
I think the worse thing to have on a birthday is school, so yeah, had to go to school too. Surprisingly, during the break, Yun Jie and Pei Yin brought out a piece of cake and lit it and Yu Wen joined in. I was so surprised when i saw it and for a moment i was like - oh wow! You actually bought a cake! For whom? Then I thought - it's my birthday today so it's actually for me? lol! Then after they asked me to sit in front of the cake and i was like - oh, it's actually for me..haha! (i know i'm a bit slow but can't help it..haha). Then took a few pictures and sang the birthday song softly - because there's a lot of ppl around and it's kind of pai seh to sing so loud..lol! Had to finish the cake (yeah, another cake!) during the short break. I've only known these girls for a mere 6 months and it's kind of unexpected (and yea, i was very much surprised) that they'd planned something like that, thanks a lot girls!
After class headed to Orchard Hotel for dinner and ate like nobody's business. Have to start losing weight already until maybe until before CNY and continue after that. If not, by the time CNY's over, I would have gained like 10kg - if consider the Christmas, birthday and CNY feasts all within 8 weeks.
I reckon that the worse thing to have on Saturdays are afternoon classes and that is what I'll be having later. Saturday afternoon classes are by far the worse and the most boring time and day to be having lessons. But at least it's for today only. I'll be having Saturday lectures for the rest of the semester too but they'll be in the morning. The negative side of it is no doubt that it's a Saturday, but the positive side is that it's in the morning.
I don't think I'll post anything anytime soon unless I'm bored or anything out of the blue happens. Cheers!
joce blog dusted at
10:44 am -