Tuesday, November 13, 2007
This is like my third post in like 5 days. I guess i'm just trying to do something when i've got nothing to do..haha. It had been a very entertaining start to the holidays. Went back to the movies on Saturday (the day right after my exams!) to watch Stardust, granny's house after church on Sunday, MY FIRST DRIVING PRACTICAL LESSON yesterday followed by going back to the movies to collect my GV card and watch The Bee Movie and today went to the movies (again!) with my brother to watch The Game Plan. 3 movies in 4 days, hmmm, i know i'm an extreme movie buff going crazy.So, let's just start with my first driving lesson yesterday. I was very very nervous before i started because i know driving a car is the real deal, it's not just some go-kart or bumper car where you just go driving off without taking note of anything. The instructor was very nice and patient. He showed me around and explained the checking and safety procedures and every button, pedals and guages in the car. After that started everything. After adjusting the mirrors and sit, was taught to on the engine. I was like uh-oh, but was still quite alright at that time. Then, the instructor asked me to step on the clutch, change to gear 1, accelerate to 2000, release the break and release the clutch halfway. Then, the car started moving forward and i panicked 'cause i'd never made a real car move before. I quickly lifted my feet completely off the clutch and accelerator and luckily the car stalled. I think i almost gave my instructor a heart attack at that stage (haha!). Restarted the engine and taught to move forward and backwards with the car and then we moved on to the circuit. Went really slowly and learnt to drive straight and turn on the bend (i'm really awful at bending at this point) and stopping at cones and pedestrian crossing. The circuit part was quite fun (but i kept stalling the engine) and i guess the scariest most nerve-wrecking part is the first time you move the car, at least for me. I guess later on will be more concerned about parking. My second lesson's tomorrow morning and i hope it'll go well and i'll try not to give my other instructors heart attacks.After that went to watch The Bee Movie. Hadn't plan to watch it but i'd nothing to do, so watch it anyway. It's quite boring actually, at least for me. I didn't book driving today, so i brought my bro to watch The Game Plan after he came back from school. It was hilarious and we had really great fun watching it.I guess it's about it at this time. Gotta go get some early sleep to mentally prepare and be alert for lesson tomorrow (at least i'll be more confident i won't kill the instructor and myself..haha!). Cheerios!
joce blog dusted at
10:30 pm -